If you are looking for products such as car chargers, 12v usb sockets, cigarette lighters, etc., it means that you already know most of these products on the market. Have you ever encountered such a situation?
- To save cost, use inferior materials, such as omitting fuses, using iron casings for USB sockets, and using inferior components for PCBAs. These consequences are that when the car charger is used for a long time, the components fail, the car charger cannot be protected, and the car's battery fuse may burn out. USB is easy to rust, difficult to plug and unplug, and the service life is greatly reduced.
- The workmanship is very poor. For example, the positive and negative terminals are not fixed and reliable, and are not welded to the PCB. They rely only on internal components for conduction; USB doesn't have fixed pins soldered. These will cause some devices to have poor contact frequently, and then sometimes break, especially not resistant to vibration.
Of course, there are more bad situations than that. In this case, it is actually recommended that you choose a 12v usb socket that has passed the EN50155 application standard test.
First of all, what is EN50155 certification? What are the main aspects?
This railway has a history of more than 200 years. With the continuous advancement of technology, the speed of trains has greatly increased. Improving and ensuring passenger safety is an important topic in railway applications. But how do you increase driving speed and balance passenger safety with operational efficiency? It is one of the topics that rail transit operators attach great importance to in recent years.
The EN50155 type test is to carry out environmental adaptability test, electromagnetic compatibility test, electrical safety test and other testing items for electronic equipment of rail vehicles. EN50155:2017 can be applied to all control, regulation, protection, diagnostics and other electronic equipment used on rail vehicles. When the car charger passes such an authoritative test, it means that its product quality is guaranteed, and naturally the above problems will not occur. So what are the main aspects?
All electronic equipment on rail vehicles must be able to adapt to environmental differences such as different altitudes, temperature, humidity, shock, vibration, surge, electrical performance, etc. to meet the needs of railway traffic safety applications. Only maintaining a high degree of stability can ensure a safe journey.
- Shock and Vibration: The test methods used in EN50155 and their limits are in accordance with EN 61373 - Railway applications - Rolling stock equipment - Shock and vibration testing. This standard ensures that on-board chargers can withstand shocks and shocks and guarantee a long life in a specific environment. To meet the requirements, the 12v usb charger should be designed and fitted with a special shock mount.
- Temperature resistance test: It should meet the storage requirements of low temperature -40°C and high temperature +85°C.
- Alternating damp heat : The relative humidity requirements specified in the EN50155 standard are: the on-board charger should be able to withstand an annual average relative humidity of 75% and 95% relative humidity for 30 consecutive days.
- Electrical safety performance: In order to make the 12v usb socket avoid serious damage and work normally for a long time, EN50155 also stipulates some standards, such as: input voltage range, input voltage ripple and input current peak value. Each category has clear requirements.
- Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC): Another major element of the EN50155 standard. We are supposed to protect car chargers from electromagnetic or radiated interference according to the EN 50121-3-2 standard, which also states that car chargers should not emit radio frequency interference (RFI) above a certain level.
After this series of tests, the car chargers and 12v usb sockets that have passed the tests and have been certified are recommended.
DAMAVO ® has always adhered to customer-centricity. It has 5 standardized production lines. Each line is equipped with anti-static devices, an independent laboratory, and a complete production service management system to provide strong cooperation for customer brand promotion and product planning. The customer network extends to the whole world and is sold in Europe, North America, South America, Japan, South Korea, and Southeast Asian countries, Provide solutions and products for brand customers. It is a supply chain manufacturer of well-known domestic and foreign customers.